Copycat Macaroni Grill’s Penne Rustica
Made this Macaroni Grill’s Penne Rustica last night for my family and it was a huge hit! It was so good, they thought I brought home take out from the Macaroni Grill!
- GRATINATA SAUCE:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups heavy cream
- PENNE RUSTICA:
- 1/2 ounce pancetta or bacon
- 9 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces grilled chicken breasts, sliced (1 large breast or 2 small)
- 8 to 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pimiento, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (for garnish)
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Saute butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third.
Add remaining ingredients, reduce by half of the original volume. Set aside.
Saute pancetta or bacon until it begins to brown.
Add butter, shallots, and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are evenly pink but still translucent.
Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.
Add gratinata sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Simmer until sauce thickens.
In a large bowl, combine shrimp and chicken mixture with the cooked pasta. Pour into a large casserole dish or roaster. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup more parmesan cheese, pimientos and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 475°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.
You'll also love
- LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Broccoli Casserole 3.8/5 (126 Votes)
- Scallops 'n Pasta 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Pasta Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (51 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill Bread 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Crock-pot Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Mario Batali's Penne alla Vodka 4.1/5 (81 Votes)
- Penne with Sweet Summer... 4.9/5 (11 Votes)