Shrimp And Mushrooms In Spicy Black Bean Oyster Sauce
- 12 medium dried Chinese black mushrooms - (abt 1 oz) (or dried shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 pound large uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon dry Sherry (or dry white wine)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted black beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded red or green chili (such as serrano or jalapeño)
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut oil plus
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Freshly-cooked rice for serving
Soak mushrooms in 1 1/2 cups hot water in medium bowl until softened, about 20 minutes.
Drain mushrooms, reserving 1 cup soaking liquid. Squeeze out excess moisture. Cut off stems and discard. Cut caps in half. Toss mushrooms, shrimp, Sherry and 1 tablespoons cornstarch together in medium bowl to coat evenly. Let stand 15 minutes.
Whisk 1 cup reserved mushroom soaking liquid, oyster sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and sugar in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves.
Cover black beans with hot water and soak 1 minute. Drain beans and chop finely. Combine beans in small bowl with garlic, ginger, chili and half of green onions.
Heat 1/4 cup oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp mixture and stir-fry until shrimp curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes. Pour content of wok into sieve to drain shrimp.
Line platter with cooked rice. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil in same wok over high heat. Stir-fry black bean mixture until fragrant, about 1 minute. Return shrimp mixture to wok. Stir mushroom liquid mixture and add to wok. Cook until sauce thickens and begins to boil, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Spoon contents of wok over rice on platter. Garnish with remaining green onions and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Sonny's Smoked Fish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Pepper Dip 3.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 3.7/5 (33 Votes)
- Kincaid's Dungeness Crab Dip 3.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with King Crab... 3.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp or Scallops 3.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Ring Macaroni Salad with Baby... 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mushroon Soup from the Golden... 3/5 (3 Votes)