Yellow squash soup
- 2 lbs. yellow squash, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large onion diced
- 1-2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chicken granular powder
- 1 tsp. hot sauce or salsa
- Black pepper to taste
- 4-6 oz. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- sour cream
- Chopped green onions or chives
• Heat a large non-stick pan, drizzle with evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
• Saute all veggies.
• Add remaining ingredients exept sour cream, cheese and chives.
• Place lid on pan and cook for about 15 minutes or until squash is soft.
• Either place in food processor, or using hand held blender, add cheese and whirl until smooth. Soup will be thick. May thin with cream if you like.
• Return to pot.
• Add ham and heat a few minutes
• Place in soup bowls and add sour cream
• and a sprinkle of green onions or chives.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Yellow Squash Casserole 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Country Style Pork Ribs Electric... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pie by Lemon Tree... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BRAIDED APPLE WALNUT STRUDEL 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- PORK CHOPS, CABBAGE, POTATO... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Zucchini and Ricotta dip 5/5 (1 Votes)