Zucchini, Red Beans & Rice
Delicious served with burgers or chicken in the summer when Zucchini is in abundance. Love it!
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup long grain white Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) can Red Kidney beans
- 1 large or 3 small zucchini
- 1 small can (personal size) Spicy V-8 Juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
In Large skillet over medium heat, saute' onion in butter and olive oil until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
Add: Chili powder, salt, cumin, raw rice and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and cook covered for 5 minutes.
Drain 1 can of Dark Red Kidney Beans. Stir into Rice mix and cook covered again until rice is almost tender, approximately 10 minutes longer.
Wash and trim Zucchini's, slice 1/4-inch thick. Stir into rice and add small can of spicy V-8 Juice to add moisture and a little extra kick.
Again; cover and simmer until zucchini is tender, approximately 5 to 10 mins.
You'll also love
- Bermuda's Boom Boom Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Injection Marinade 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Veal and Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apricot Jello Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rice, Broccoli, Feta Sauté 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Portuguese Cod with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp & Crab Nachos 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hunch Punch 3.3/5 (8 Votes)