Old Fashioned Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In large bowl, combine sugar and eggs; beating until thick and fully blended. Beat in pumpkin and lemon juice.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Blend well into pumpkin mixture to form a batter.
Spread batter on greased 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan lined with wax paper.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled heavily with powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes longer. Roll cake up in tea towel from 10 inch side. Set aside to cool completely.
For filling: Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla; stir in powdered sugar blending until smooth and creamy.
Unroll cooled cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake and filling, again from 10 inch side on to plastic wrap. Cover completely and chill at least 1 hour.
Dust with powdered sugar and slice just before you serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)