Smoked Salmon Patties
For a lip-smacking entrée try these tasty smoked salmon cakes. Healthy too since they are baked rather than fried.
- 8-10 oz. smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 large stalk of celery finely diced
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t lemon pepper (or 1 t lemon juice)
- olive oil (for brushing)
- bread crumbs (for coating)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from carriageandhorses.net
Blend together the salmon, celery, rice, green onion, mayo, mustard, egg, and lemon pepper.
Shape into four-inch patties.
Brush one side of each patty with olive oil and lay in a bowl of breadcrumbs. Brush top side with oil and flip over and press lightly into the breadcrumbs.
Arrange patties on a flat pan. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 400º. Bake for 10 minutes (at sea level; 12 minutes at 4000 feet or higher). Turn the patties over and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Aperol-Citrus Granita 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry and Nut Stuffing Recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Teriyaki Glazed Cod with Ginger... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp Quiche 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sicilian-Style Saffron Cod with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Flaky Sriracha Salmon over Parsnip... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mike's Smoked Salmon Fettucini 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Spread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)