All-American Oven "Fried" Drumsticks
All-American Oven "Fried" Drumsticks has the taste of fried chicken but lightened up enough that you could eat this for dinner regularly. Filled with the zesty spices of paprika, dried basil and oregano, and creamy butter, this oven-fried chicken recipe pairs perfectly with mashed potatoes or a lightly dressed side salad for a full meal the whole family will love.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place flour in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, beat eggs with milk, just until mixed. In a plastic bag, mix together bread crumbs and seasonings.
Dredge chicken in flour, 1 or 2 pieces at a time, coating evenly. Dip floured chicken pieces into egg mixture, then place in bread crumb mixture; close bag and shake to coat well.
Place butter in a large baking dish and melt in the oven. Arrange chicken in a single layer over melted butter, turning to coat both sides.
Bake 25 minutes; turn chicken and bake an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown and no pink remains.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Wraps 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Glazed Pineapple... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Casserole... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Loaded Beef Nachos 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Shallots and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Thighs Recipe 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Tandoori-Style Chicken Drumsticks 4.5/5 (8 Votes)