Strawberry Griddle Cakes
Strawberry Griddle Cakes are the perfect Sunday morning treat after a busy weekend! Fresh strawberries and maple syrup - treat yo self!
- 1 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Butter and maple syrup, to serve
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Beat the egg with the milk.
Pour the egg–milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat well. Gently fold in ½ cup of the strawberries.
Using a paper towel, grease a large, heavy griddle or skillet with a thin film of vegetable oil, then heat over medium heat until very hot.
Use about ¼ cup of batter to form each griddle cake. Cook in the hot pan until bubbles form on the surface and edges are dry. Turn and cook until the other side is golden brown.
Serve with butter, maple syrup and remaining ½ cup strawberries.
You'll also love
- Strawberry & Banana Green Smoothie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup for Two 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Gordon Ramsay's Sublime Scrambled... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Healthy Marbled Banana Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken & Potato Chowder 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Squares 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Vegan Mushroom Ropa Vieja 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Raspberry Brie Dessert Pizza with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)