Kaju curry is a popular Indian dish, which is a must part of every indian restaurant's menu.It is prepares during special & festive occasions.
- 1/2 cup fried cashew nuts (kaju)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or curd
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil/butter
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Heat oil/ butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them splutter. Add onion
& saute until it gets light pink.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste & stir well.
3. Now add cashew nut paste, tomato puree, stir well.
4. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala.
Turn heat low,stir constantly until oil falls apart.
5. When it reaches at a curry like consistency, add cashew nuts, salt &
cook it for 5 mins.
6. Now add yogurt & turn off the heat.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves & fresh cream.
8. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Nadan Kozhi Curry - Kerala Style... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)