Coconut Curry Chicken
This Coconut Curry Chicken recipe is well balanced due to the heat from th ecurry and the mellow sweetness of the coconut milk.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp. curry powder, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (14 oz.) lite coconut milk
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from knorr.com
Season chicken with 1 teaspoon curry powder.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook onion, red pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon curry, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir coconut milk and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cilantro.