French Farmhouse Garlic Chicken
Better Homes and Garden
327 Calories, 7 g total fat(2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 oz total)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 T cooking oil
- 40 small cloves unpeeled garlic*
- 1/2 c dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 t dried oregano, crushed
- 4 t all-purpose flour
- 2 T dry white wine or chicken broth
- mashed potatoes or rice (optional)
1. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. In a 10" skillet, heat oil over med-hi heat. Add chicken and garlic cloves. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side or just until brown, turning once. Slowly add the 1/2 c wine/broth, the 1/2 c broth, the lemon juice, basil and oregano. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and garlic to a warm serving platter; keep warm.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour and 2 T wine or broth. Stir into pan juices. Bring to boiling. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Spoon over chicken. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
* If you prefer, peel the garlic before cooking (use flat side of knife to mash slightly, then peel off skins) Or, as you eat the cooked cloves, simply slip the skins off with the tip of your knife.
You'll also love
- Chicken Breasts Dijon 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Coconut Milk and Thyme Braised... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Iron Skillet Garlic Brown Sugar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paleo Steak Salad with Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Chicken Breasts 0/5 (0 Votes)