Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups
- For the Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- strips of onion
- cheddar cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about ¼ inch.
Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
Saute the pepper and onion strips until they begin to soften. Season lightly with cumin, salt and pepper.
Once chicken has marinated, season both sides with salt and pepper, evenly place bell pepper and onion slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade, top with grated cheddar cheese, and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve with salsa on the side and enjoy!
You'll also love
- French Onion Chicken and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Beer Can Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joy Bauer’s Chicken Enchiladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke & Almond-Stuffed Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)