Chicken Breasts Dijon
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme plus thyme leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Heat oil in a large heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place chicken in Dutch oven and cook until brown on both sides, 12-15 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Place leeks and onion in same pot and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine, Dijon mustard, and minced thyme and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pot. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Transfer chicken to plates. Bring liquid in pot to a boil; cook until sauce is thickened and glossy, about 15 minutes. Whisk in butter and season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with thyme leaves.
You'll also love
- Strawberry & Basil Tea Sandwiches... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Country Club Chicken 4.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Chardonnay-Herb Marinade Chicken... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jacques Pepin's Beef Stew in Red... 4/5 (58 Votes)
- French Farmhouse Garlic Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Chicken Breasts 0/5 (0 Votes)