Coconut Milk and Thyme Braised Chicken
- 4 pounds of chicken pieces (I used boneless chicken thighs and drumsticks)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated into individual cloves and peeled
- 2 cups coconut milk
Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil and butter in a dutch oven or any other heavy pot that is stovetop and oven safe.
Add chicken pieces to the pot and cook for 4 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until chicken is browned on all sides.
Add thyme sprigs and garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
Add coconut milk, cover and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
Remove from oven and let stand several minutes.
You'll also love
- Grilled Beer Chicken Drumsticks 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Chicken and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Coconut Soup -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Ginger-Sesame... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Thyme Basil Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lemongrass Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)