Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
I order cauliflower mash every time we're at our favorite restaurant. One night, I figured out how to make it at home and couldn't believe how easy it was.
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cracked black pepper and minced fresh chives, optional
Preparation time 3mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain cauliflower and garlic; return to pan.
2. Mash cauliflower mixture to desired consistency. Stir in milk, mayonnaise, salt and white pepper. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and chives.