Cauliflower Tacos with Creamy Lime Slaw
Cauliflower tacos with creamy lime slaw is easy and light. This recipe has a mixture of great taste with a crunchy texture.
- SLAW MIX
- 1 small green Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 small red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large Carrots. finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegan Sour Cream (such as Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream)
- 2/3 cups vegan Mayonnaise (I used Just Mayo by Hampton Creek)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoon vegan sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, optional
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- Olive Oil
- Taco Seasoning
- Sliced Avocado
- Make Pan Fried Turkey Cutlets & Re
Adapted from theveglife.com
FOR THE COLESLAW
Combine the shredded cabbages and carrot together (or you can just use a pre-packaged coleslaw mix) in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, celery seed, salt and pepper. Add to the cabbage mixture with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Mix well to combine.
Taste for seasoning, adding more salt or pepper if necessary.
Allow to sit for at least an hour or so before serving. It’s even better the next day!
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
Trim the cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with taco seasoning.
Place onto a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender. Toss once or twice during the baking process for even doneness.
Serve while the cauliflower is warm. Add avocado, cilantro and a sprinkle of salt.
You'll also love
- Southern Style Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Crispy French Onion Scalloped... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana CRUMB CAKE 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Green Beans with Almonds and Garlic 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Super Lemon Bundt Cake 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Quesitos With... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Lime Sangria 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Turnip Cauliflower Mash 4.7/5 (6 Votes)