Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
By beach cook
The ultimate comfort food are homemade chicken dumplings. This recipe is made with fresh chicken breast meat, and dumplings found in the frozen food section of your grocery store.
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (10-ounce) cans chicken stock, total of 20 ounces
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 box Annies Thin Flat Dumplings, found in frozen food section
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 440mins
Place carrots and celery in the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer the chicken breasts on top. Salt and pepper to taste and dot with the butter.
In a large bowl, mix the soups, stock and oregano. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 5 hours, or until the chicken is done. Remove the chicken and shred.
Prepare the dumplings per the directions on the package, reserve some of the water.
Add the cooked dumplings to the slow cooker, add some of the dumpling water, if needed. Add the shredded chicken and cook for 1 to 2 hours on low.
Cook in large stock pot. You can simmer the soup for a shorter time. Be careful not to burn, scorch or let the soup dry out.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken Cobb Pasta 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sautéed Asparagus, Peppers and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice with Fresh Chorizo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Thai Beef Bowls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Winter Greek Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Not So Average Nachos 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Blackened Catfish 4.5/5 (4 Votes)