Slow Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
Your slow cooker makes preparing this delicious Chicken Cacciatore a breeze. Just make sure to plan ahead as it needs to simmer for at least 6 hours.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, trimmed (or any chicken pieces)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dry basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Add chicken and prepped veggies to slow cooker.
Add tomato items with herbs and spices to a small bowl. Mix well and pour over chicken. Salt and pepper, to taste. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve topped with shredded Mozzarella cheese.