5-Ingredient Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Charred bell peppers, shredded chicken, herb pesto, cooked quinoa, and melty cheese. A quick and easy 5-ingredient weeknight dinner – it’s packed with flavor and it’s healthy, too!
- 6 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (You could also use a whole rotisserie chicken.)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided and shredded
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (6.25-ounce) jar pesto
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from layersofhappiness.com
Turn on broiler to high. Place bell peppers under broiler and broil from 5 minutes on each side until skin blisters and begins to turn black.
Remove peppers from oven, set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium size mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken with 1 cup shredded cheese, the pesto and the quinoa and toss to coat.
Once peppers are cool enough to handle, slice in half and remove membranes and seeds. Add a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture to each pepper and top with cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Turkey Cocktail Meatballs 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Primavera 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hot Buttered Rum Chicken 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cardamom Cream Cake 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Pesto Chicken 3.9/5 (35 Votes)
- Linguine with Pesto and Mussels 4.5/5 (2 Votes)