French Onion Cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 package store-bought puff-pastry dough
- 12 tablespoons Gruyère cheese, grated
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from purewow.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease the cavities of a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
Add the onion and sauté until tender and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Add the beef broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer until the liquid has reduced almost entirely. Stir in the heavy cream.
Roll out the puff-pastry dough a little to flatten it. Cut the dough into 2 1/2-inch squares and then press a square into each of the cups of the prepared muffin tin.
Place 2 tablespoons of the onion filling into each cup and then top with 1 tablespoon grated Gruyère.
Bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Carne Bistec – Colombian Steak... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Honey-Lime Roasted Sheet Pan... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Baby Spinach & Garlic Bread Pudding 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Brussels... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- French Onion Soup - Slow Cooker 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon-Herb Sheet Pan Roasted... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Amish Onion Patties 4.6/5 (10 Votes)