THREE CHEESE FRENCH ONION SOUP
You can't have enough cheese with this soup!
- 3 cups sliced Vidalia onions
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups Beef Consomme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mozzarella, Provolone and Parmesan Cheese
- Toasted French bread slices or croutons
- Deep Fried Breaded Onions for garnish
In a large saucepan, cook onions in butter over low heat about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add consomme and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
Pour into crocks and top with bread slices and cheeses.
Place under broiler and broil until cheeses just start to brown.
Optional thinly sliced onions, breaded and deep fried can be used as a garnish.
Serve but be careful with those hot cheeses at first!! ;)