Chipotle Creamed Spinach Phyllo Cups
These spicy, crunchy, spinach-filled phyllo cups are the perfect way to start any dinner party or social gathering. They come together quickly and make 45 appetizers, so they are sure to feed a crowd of hungry friends and family. This recipe is as easy as it is delicious and is sure to become one of your go-to recipes any time you need something to nosh on at your next party.
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle flavored hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 45 mini phyllo shells
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Microwave the spinach in a large bowl until fully defrosted. Wring out spinach in a clean dish towel to remove most of the moisture.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat, add onions, and cook until lightly browned. Then, add flour and remaining 1 tablespoon butter and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, parmesan, hot sauce, nutmeg, and Kosher salt and cook until warm.
Arrange cups on 2 cookie sheets and fill each with heaping teaspoon of the spinach mixture. Bake until shells are hot, 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with additional parmesan and nutmeg and serve.
You'll also love
- Christmas Cranberry Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Baby Hasselback Potatoes with Blue... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tomato sauce 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Bloodshot Eyeballs Halloween Treats 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Heirloom Tomato Cornbread Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach & Fresh Mozzarella Pizza 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Roquefort Crackers 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab, Chile & Mint Crostini 4.8/5 (4 Votes)