Bacon Hasselback Potatoes
These Bacon Hasselback Potatoes may take 2 hours to bake, but they are worth the wait! What could be better than bacon and butter baked with potatoes?
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, each cut crosswise into 9 pieces
- Kosher salt
- 12 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Lay the bacon pieces on a baking sheet and freeze until hard, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, about 1/8 inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom.
Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and carefully transfer to a baking sheet; let cool slightly. Pat the potatoes dry, then insert 3 pieces of the frozen bacon into the cuts of each potato, spacing the bacon evenly and letting it poke out of the top. Melt 5 tablespoons butter and brush generously over the potatoes and in the cuts. Reserve any excess butter for basting. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake until the outsides are browned and crisp, about 2 hours, basting halfway through with the reserved melted butter.
When the potatoes are almost done, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and mix with the scallions, parsley and garlic. Spoon over the potatoes and roast 5 more minutes. Transfer to a platter and season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Pan-Seared Scallops with White... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes 4.3/5 (88 Votes)
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops with... 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - Weight... 4.1/5 (103 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Mini Meatloaves 4.6/5 (61 Votes)