Mama's Old Fashioned Stuffing
Mama's old fashioned stuffing is a classic and comforting dish that'll bring back fond memories of your childhood.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14-ounce) package cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix (8 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions, and carrots, and sauté until light golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, stuffing mix, water, salt, and pepper; mix until well blended and stuffing is soft. Add vegetable mixture to stuffing mixture; mix well and place in baking dish.
Bake about 1 1/4 hours, or until golden.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cabbage, Potatoes &... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Easter Peep S'mores 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Reuben Casserole Hotdish 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Cookies 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Sauce 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Basic Turkey Gravy 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Green Beans with Peppers 4.6/5 (16 Votes)