Basic Turkey Gravy
If you're looking for a no-frills gravy for your Thanksgiving turkey, this recipe is here to save the day. Everyone is sure to love this classic gravy!
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups turkey or chicken broth, warmed
- Turkey drippings and giblets, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on the onions, stirring constantly, and cook until flour is golden to brown. Adjust heat so mixture does not burn. Gradually whisk in 4 cups stock until mixture thickens and is smooth. If it is too thick, add more broth. Cool, cover and chill.
When ready to serve, reheat mixture over low heat, stirring. Scrape bottom of turkey pan and add drippings or giblets to gravy. Taste and adjust.
You'll also love
- Overnight Pumpkin Spice Rolls 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Orange Cheesecake with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Turkey and White Bean Chili 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Southwestern Corn & Black Eyed Pea... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Low-Carb Enchilada... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)