Spicy Shrimp Dip
This Panko crusted spicy shrimp dip packs a punch and is ready in less than 1/2 an hour! If you prefer your dip to be less spicy, only use a couple serrano chiles and make sure all of the seeds are removed.
- 1 pound shell-on medium shrimp, cooked
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 serrano chiles, seeds removed, minced (1/4-cup)
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup panko, toasted
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium saucepan, bring 3 inches of water to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 1 minute, 30 seconds. Immediately transfer to a colander and run under cold water to stop cooking. Peel and devein, pat dry, and chop.
In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and lime juice until smooth. Fold in shrimp, chiles, and 4 teaspoons cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish. Toss panko with remaining cilantro and oil; sprinkle evenly over dip. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes; serve.
Turn up the heat by keeping the seeds in the chiles. And if you're using precooked shrimp, omit step 1 -- just peel and chop them, then add them in step 2.
You'll also love
- Longhorn Steakhouse Wild West... 4/5 (184 Votes)
- Bubba Gump Coconut Shrimp 4.2/5 (69 Votes)
- Preserved Lemon & Pomegranate... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon and Butternut Squash Grilled... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled olives with Manchego 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CANDIED SMOKED SALMON 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Crab & Meyer Lemon 'Pasta' 4/5 (1 Votes)