Shrimp Dip Recipe
Shrimp Dip is always a good appetizer to serve. Easy to make and can be prepared hours ahead of time. Just serve with crackers, veggie sticks or pita triangles.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (you can use low fat or fat free if you like)
- 12 ounces extra small shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, tail off ( 100 to 150)
- 2 small stalks green onions, diced
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons tabasco
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
In a medium size bowl, mix the cream cheese, chili sauce, tabasco sauce, lemon juice and zest with a hand mixer until smooth.
Fold in the green onion, set aside.
Cut each cooked shrimp in half and then fold into the cream cheese mixture. You want the shrimp to be prominent in the dip but not so large that it is hard to get on the crackers. I prefer using this size shrimp and then cutting them, as opposed to using cocktail shrimp. I think the flavor is better than Cocktail Shrimp and the size looks more bountiful in the dip.
Place your shrimp dip into a nice serving dish then cover and refrigerate at least and hour before serving so the flavors can marry. You can also prepare the Dip several hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Make this Shrimp Dip for your next gathering. This Dip has a little zing to it and I am sure you will get rave reviews on the flavor!
You'll also love
- Chesapeake Crab Dip 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Lobster Cakes with spicey Cilantro... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs 4.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Guacamole & Sweet Potato Chips 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE WITH SAUCE 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Parmesan... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)