Grilled olives with Manchego
Nutty tasting manchego cheese gets tossed with zesty marinated olives for tapas or an appetizer that is unique and delicious!
- 24 pitted Gordalolives
- 4 ounces Manchegocheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon, rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoonthyme, minced
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoonblack pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from olivesfromspain.us
FOR THE OLIVES
Drain the queen olives of all their brine and allow them to dry on a paper towel.
Take the Manchego cheese and make sure there is no "skin" on it and cut it into small 1 inch x 1/4 in pieces (small enough to stuff in the olive).
Stuff all of the olives with pieces of Manchego cheese.
In a bowl combine the garlic, shallots, herbs, sugar, pepper, Worcestershire sauce & olive oil.
Skewer the Manchego stuffed olives on to a soaked skewer or rosemary stem, three to a piece.
Once you have 8 skewers with olives cover them in the marinade and allow them to sit for 4-8 hours.
Grill the marinated olives over high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the start to soften, caramelize and the Manchego cheese starts to melt slightly inside.
Serve them along some good crusty bread that’s been drenched in good olive oil and grilled alongside the olives.
You'll also love
- The Cheese Dip That Will Make You... 4.1/5 (138 Votes)
- Zesty Ritz Crackers 3.9/5 (180 Votes)
- VitaClay Slow Cooker Carol's Baked... 3/5 (5 Votes)
- Fig Spread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas with Pine... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Paleo Crockpot Chicken Enchilada... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chestnut Stuffing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One-Bowl Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)