Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese
You'll love this Bayou version of macaroni and cheese, made from scratch with shrimp, Cajun spice and a melty mix of cheeses, baked until bubbly!
- 1/2 pound elbow pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut in thirds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from themerestaurantsathome.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in medium sauce pan.
Add shrimp. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove cooked shrimp. Set aside.
In same pan melt 1 tablespoon butter, add onion and saute 1 minute.
Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute while stirring.
Whisk in milk and heat approximately 4 minutes while stirring.
Add Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Stir until smooth.
Add 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta.
Pour into buttered casserole dish.
Top with Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and parsley.
Bake 45 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
You'll also love
- Almond Milk Rice Pudding 4/5 (130 Votes)
- The Best Louisiana Crunch Cake Ever 4.1/5 (94 Votes)
- King Ranch Beef Casserole 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Antipasto Pasta Salad, from Cook's... 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Joe's Stone Crab Amazing Apple... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip with Wonton Chips 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- ITALIAN SHRIMP FETTUCINE**** 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Dirty Shrimp in Butter-Beer Sauce 4.5/5 (36 Votes)