Pasta, Tuna, Apple and Artichoke Salad
- 3/4 lb (375 g) fusilli (or other short pasta)
- 4 cups (1 litre) leafy lettuce (or other), coarsely chopped
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) chopped toasted almonds
- 1 green apple (unpeeled), cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) chopped capers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 can 7 oz (198 ml) light tuna, drained and broken into pieces
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from ricardocuisine.com
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold running water and drain well. Place in a large bowl.
Add lettuce, artichokes, almonds, half the apple and capers. Season with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, add oil and lemon juice. Toss well. Spoon into bowls. Top with tuna pieces and remaining diced apple.
You'll also love
- Rosemary Skillet Pork Chops with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BAKED BARRAMUNDI with MUSTARD &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna and Noodle Casserole (13) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Red Pepper Confit 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunday Gravy with Sausage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CARAMEL APPLE CIDER FLOAT 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Razor Clams, Baked with Goat... 0/5 (0 Votes)