Steak and Pasta Salad
Nutritional facts per serving: 551 calories; 13g protein; 58g carbohydrate; 24g fat; 37mg cholesterol; 400mg sodium.
From: Woman's Day Best Ideas for Christmas (Nov. 1982)
- 12 oz. flank steak
- 3 medium-size ripe tomapes, cut in large chunks
- 8 oz. (2 3/4 cups) rotini (spiral-shape pasta), cooked until firm-ended, drained and cooled under running cold water
- 1 cup. fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup bottled olive-oil vinaigrette dressing
Adapted from womansday.com
1. Grill or broil steak 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes..
2. Meanwhile mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Thinly slice steak against the grain. Add to salad and toss to mix.
Makes 8 1/2 cups.