Italian Sausage, Potato & Spinach Soup
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced thin
- 2 Russet Potatoes, cleaned and cubed with skin on
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 to 1 lb. your favorite Italian Turkey Sausage (you can slice links or use ground, it doesn't matter)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 5 oz. package of fresh baby spinach
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 (15 oz.) can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup half and half
Adapted from cozycountryliving.com
In your pot or Dutch Oven, warm the butter and olive oil on medium heat and begin softening your vegetables. I like to start with the tougher ones first, like carrots, potatoes and celery then add in the onion and garlic with the sausage while continually stirring being careful not to burn until sausage is browned a bit.
After the veggies are softened, add the chicken stock, the spinach, and the bay leaf, cover and simmer on low for 20 to 25 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the Cannellini beans and stir.
Slowly add the half and half while stirring it into the soup.
Serve warm with fresh bread.
You'll also love
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Asian... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Stovetop Shrimp Boil 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Cannelloni with... 3.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Maple and Soy Black Cod with... 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Loin 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage and lentil casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)