Paula Deen's Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
Just plain yummy. This Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie has always been one of my favorites. Thanks Paula Deen!
Rate this recipe 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 (9") prepared pie crust, baked
- Paula Deen's Mile-High Meringue
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in eggs and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and lemon zest.
Pour egg mixture into prepared pie crust.
Using the back of a spoon, spread meringue over hot filling, sealing to edge of the pie crust. Bake for 23 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- OVEN BAKED SUN FISH 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Duck Soup (Mock Czarnina) 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Summer Kale Salad (Whole Foods) 3.8/5 (42 Votes)
- Paula Dean's Scalloped Potatoes 3.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Dump Cake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- CAKE-MIX PEACH COBBLER 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Emeril's Super Lemony Bars 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe