Paula Dean's Scalloped Potatoes
Thin slices of seasoned potatoes layered with cheese and baked goes good with almost any main course.
- 1 (5 pound) bag Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded six cheese Italian blend
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Layer one-third of potatoes evenly over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with half of shallots, half of salt, and half of cheese. Layer second third of potatoes over cheese; sprinkle with remaining shallots, salt, and cheese. Top evenly with remaining potatoes.
In a small bowl, combine cream and water. Slowly pour cream mixture over potatoes. Cover and bake 11/2 hours. Uncover, and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Jimmy Dean Sausage Cheese Balls 3.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Moroccan Stuffed Zucchini & Peppers 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab with Pasta - Bobby Flay 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sushi - Spicy Crab roll 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Seitan Seafood (Scallops, Fish,... 3/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Baked in Foil with Sweet... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Sea Scallops with Sherry Cream... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)