Paula Dean's Scalloped Potatoes
Thin slices of seasoned potatoes layered with cheese and baked goes good with almost any main course.
- 1 (5 pound) bag Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded six cheese Italian blend
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Layer one-third of potatoes evenly over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with half of shallots, half of salt, and half of cheese. Layer second third of potatoes over cheese; sprinkle with remaining shallots, salt, and cheese. Top evenly with remaining potatoes.
In a small bowl, combine cream and water. Slowly pour cream mixture over potatoes. Cover and bake 11/2 hours. Uncover, and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Blackberry pie, with tapioca 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tequila Shrimp (Camarones... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Uncle Bubba's Crabcakes 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Butternut Squash-and-Red Onion... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Ale-Braised Steak with Parsnips... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- German Potato Bake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WARM TUSCAN... 4/5 (2 Votes)