Frittata With Bacon, Corn, and Gruyère
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whole milk or half and half
- 5 ounces (140g) cubed Gruyère cheese, divided (see note above)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon (about 5 ounces; 140g), diced
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) fresh corn kernels, cut from about 3 ears of corn (or use frozen and defrosted corn)
- 5 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (plus a couple of slices for decoration, if desired)
Adjust oven rack to 4 inches below broiler and preheat broiler to high. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk or half and half until fully combined. Stir in half of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick or well-seasoned cast iron or carbon steel skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add bacon and cook until light brown but not crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate and remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from pan.
Add corn, scallions, and jalapeño to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour eggs into skillet and cook, stirring and scraping pan all over, until very loose curds form throughout, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook until eggs on bottom and edges are set, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, bacon, and a few jalapeño slices for decoration, if using.
Place under broiler and broil until top is just set and a pale golden brown, a few minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cacio e Pepe (Linguine with Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Israeli Couscous Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Skinny Cannolis 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FRUITY POTATO CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- American Chop Suey (Macaroni,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hungarian Pork Cutlet Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)