Creamy Skillet Tortellini with Sweet Potato and Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 3/4 to 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach or 1 large bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
Stir in the sweet potato cubes, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are just starting to soften.
Uncover the skillet and add the broth, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spatula to dissolve the browned bits. Add the spinach in handfuls, stirring until it wilts down, before adding more.
Stir in the half-and-half, then cover once more and bring the liquid to a simmer.
Uncover and stir in the tortellini. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tortellini are plump and cooked through.
Per serving, based on 4 servings. (% daily value)
Calories 446 Fat 13.9 g (21.4%) Saturated 5.9 g (29.7%) Carbs 64.8 g (21.6%) Fiber 5.5 g (21.9%) Sugars 7.4 g Protein 16.5 g (33%) Cholesterol 48.7 mg (16.2%) Sodium 817 mg (34%)
You'll also love
- Sour Cherry Muffins with Crumb... 3.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Jalapeno and Lime... 3.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Artichoke Pie 3.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Ruby Tuesday's Ham & Pea Pasta... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Roast with Sourkraut,Potatoes... 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie - Weight Watchers 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pappadeaux's Sweet Potato Pecan... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Chow Mein Noodle... 3.3/5 (9 Votes)