Spicy Grilled Jalapeno and Lime Shrimp Skewers
Buy extra-large shrimp (21 to 25 per pound) for this recipe. Make the marinade with one chile, taste it, and add more to taste if desired. We prefer flat metal skewers that are at least 14 inches long.
- 1 jalapeño chile , seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest , plus 5 tablespoons juice from 3 limes
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1. For the marinade: Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; transfer remaining marinade to medium bowl.
2. For the shrimp: Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and butterfly according to photo 1. Add to bowl with marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
3. Heat all burners on high for 15 minutes. Scrape cooking grate clean. Meanwhile, thread marinated shrimp on skewers according to photo 2. Sprinkle one side of shrimp with sugar. Grill shrimp, sugared side down, with lid down, until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn all burners off, flip skewers, close lid, and cook until other side of shrimp is no longer translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Using tongs, slide shrimp into medium bowl and toss with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
You'll also love
- Artichoke Pie 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Perfect Potato Soup 3.7/5 (99 Votes)
- Peach & Hatch Chile Pie Filling 3.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Desserts - Banana Split Pie... 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon-Ricotta Lasagna 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Giada Shrimp Scampi 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Haddock with Ritz Crackers 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Ye Olde Daddy's Clam Chowder 4.1/5 (8 Votes)