Chicken Divan Casserole
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (use 1/2 teaspoon if you just want a light curry flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken or turkey(I usually use a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (cut into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (can also use homemade bread crumbs or Panko crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 9X13-inch pan or any casserole dish you would use to make a family size casserole.
2.In a medium bowl combine cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, white wine, lemon juice, curry powder, tarragon, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
3.Add chicken, broccoli, and ½ cup cheese and stir well.
4.Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
5.In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, remaining cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
6.Place in oven and bake 40 minutes.
7.If desired, serve with rice or egg noodles.
If you want the broccoli to be soft and not have any crunch, steam it or microwave until crisp-tender.
If you are adding raw broccoli to the casserole, cut it into small pieces, especially the stems and it will have just a little crunch left when cooked.
You could also use frozen broccoli that has been defrosted.
You'll also love
- Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple Balsamic & Herb Chicken 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Alouette Almond Zucchini Stuffed... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Cajun Chicken 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Potato, Egg & Biscuit Breakfast... 3.9/5 (43 Votes)
- Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Mexican Buffalo Chicken Skillet Dip 4.3/5 (6 Votes)