Sausage, Green Beans and Potato Skillet
This easy, hearty skillet meal is perfect for weeknights or anytime when time is short. Served with cornbread, it's a meal in itself.
- 1/2 - 3/4 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2" slices (Conecuh brand,Original is recommended)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning, or to taste (such as Tony Chachere's)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 (50 oz) can Delmonte Cut Green Beans & Potatoes, rinsed and drained well
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite-diced tomatoes, drained
In a large deep skillet, heat the oil; add sausage and cook until lightly browned and fat is rendered. Remove sausage and drain on paper towels. Using paper towels, wipe most of the fat out of the skillet; add onion and saute until crisp tender.
Add the sausage back to the skillet with the onions; sprinkle with the creole seasoning and garlic salt.
Add the drained tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced. Add the green beans & potatoes and cook until all the liquid cooks out, stirring only occasionally. (I used a egg turner to flip the mixture over periodically).
Serve hot with cornbread and another side if desired.
((NOTE: If desired, after the dish is completely done, top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cover skillet until it melts. Serve with or over rice.))
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (395 Votes)