Sausage, Green Beans and Potato Skillet
This easy, hearty skillet meal is perfect for weeknights or anytime when time is short. Served with cornbread, it's a meal in itself.
- 1/2 - 3/4 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2" slices (Conecuh brand,Original is recommended)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning, or to taste (such as Tony Chachere's)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 (50 oz) can Delmonte Cut Green Beans & Potatoes, rinsed and drained well
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite-diced tomatoes, drained
In a large deep skillet, heat the oil; add sausage and cook until lightly browned and fat is rendered. Remove sausage and drain on paper towels. Using paper towels, wipe most of the fat out of the skillet; add onion and saute until crisp tender.
Add the sausage back to the skillet with the onions; sprinkle with the creole seasoning and garlic salt.
Add the drained tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced. Add the green beans & potatoes and cook until all the liquid cooks out, stirring only occasionally. (I used a egg turner to flip the mixture over periodically).
Serve hot with cornbread and another side if desired.
((NOTE: If desired, after the dish is completely done, top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cover skillet until it melts. Serve with or over rice.))
You'll also love
- French-Style Pot-Roasted Pork Loin 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Oven Fried Boneless Pork Chops 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemon Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake with... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken & Bacon Pasta with Spinach... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Broccoli Mashed Potatoes with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Green Beans with Almonds 4.4/5 (18 Votes)