Lime Cream Trifle
- 1 (12-oz.) store-bought pound cake, cut into 1-in. cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- Garnish: lime slices, crushed graham crackers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from greatideas.people.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spread pound cake cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until cake is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
2. Beat whipping cream and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
3. Process the condensed milk, evaporated milk and ½ cup lime juice in a blender until smooth.
4. Spoon 1 cup of lime mixture into a large glass trifle dish (or divide among 10 tall, individual glasses). Sprinkle with ½ tsp. lime zest. Spread 2 cups pound cake cubes over the lime mixture in a single layer, and top with 1 cup sweetened whipped cream. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining lime mixture, and sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp. lime zest. Top with remaining sweetened whipped cream in center. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill until set, at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours. Before serving, garnish with lime slices and crushed graham crackers, if desired.