Chipotle Shrimp with Mango Sauce
Recipe adapted from Lois Ellen Frank
- 2 pounds shrimp, shells and tails removed
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder or chipotle seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) frozen or fresh ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch kosher salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 18mins
Adapted from tastingtable.com
Make the shrimp:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the shrimp with ½ cup of the olive oil and garlic and toss. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or, preferably, overnight.
While the shrimp is marinating, make the mango sauce: In a blender, purée the mango, honey, lime juice and salt until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Makes 2 cups.
Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and discard the garlic.
In a separate bowl, mix together the chipotle chile, salt and pepper. Combine the spice mixture with the shrimp and toss to coat.
In a very large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil until it's hot but not smoking.
Add the shrimp and cook in a single layer until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a platter with the mango sauce and garnish with chives before serving.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Garlic Drumsticks 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Butter Potato Rounds... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry French Toast 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- tortilla - coconut flour tortilla 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Lobster Crostini with Buttery... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamy Tuna Bowties 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Shrimp alla Marinara 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (22 Votes)