Lemon Sour Cream Pie
Had a lemon sour cream pie at a restaurant recently and loved it. Found this recipe online and it was better than the one we had at the restaurant! I'll definitely be making this again. Give it a try, you're goon love it too!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8-ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9-inches), baked
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Lemon peel strips, optional
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Blend a small amount into egg yolks; mix well. Return all to pan; mix well. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and peel; mix well. Set aside.
For meringue, beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside. Fold sour cream into the lemon mixture; pour into pastry shell.
Cover with meringue, sealing to edges of pastry. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with lemon peel strips if desired. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Swiss Chard and Mushroom Galette 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Ninja Multi-Cooker 2-Ingredient... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon & Kiwi Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Muffins 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Currant-Orange Irish Soda Bread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cake 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Mini Chip Cut-Out Cookies 4.6/5 (17 Votes)