Zucchini Spaghetti with Sun Gold Tomato Sauce
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 star anise
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, plus 2 teaspoons chopped leaves for sprinkling
- 4 cups sun gold or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Adapted from ellentv.com
To make the zucchini spaghetti noodles: Attach the zucchini to a spiral slicer to slice the zucchini into thin strips. Set the noodles aside in a large bowl while you make the sauce.
To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, red chili flakes, star anise, and thyme, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and vinegar and stir gently to combine. Cook the sauce, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes have released their juices, about 8 minutes.
Discard the star anise and thyme sprigs, and add the zucchini noodles and remaining salt. Toss gently to coat the noodles with the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes to warm the noodles.
You'll also love
- Goat Cheese and Apricot Stuffed... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fennel & Apple Salad with Roasted... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Buttery Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Curry Sunchoke, Zucchini and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chilled Summer Squash Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.9/5 (10 Votes)