Endive Salad With Apples, Walnuts And Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 5 Belgian endive heads halved lengthwise, and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 4 cups arugula - (lightly packed) abt 6 large bunches
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (4 1/2 oz)
Whisk both oils, vinegar and shallot in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine endive, arugula, apples, walnuts and Gorgonzola in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 6 plates and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Crab And Scallop Soup With Peppers... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Saute With Olives And Plum... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cornmeal Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Apple Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Salad With Gorgonzola And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear, Endive And Watercress Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole With Italian Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)