Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini and Feta Balls)
Great appetizer. Serve with Tzatziki or marinara sauce for dipping.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 1/4 cup of feta, crumbled
- 1 splash ouzo (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful herbs (such as mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- ~1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- breadcrumbs (I use whole wheat)
- oil for frying
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
1.Mix the zucchini, feta, ouzo, garlic, green onion, herbs and egg and season with salt and pepper.
2.Mix in enough flour and breadcrumbs that you can work with the mixture to form balls.
3.Form the mixture into balls and dust in flour.
4.Fry in oil until golden brown and set aside to cool.