Feta & Parmesan Zucchini Bake
- 6-7 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 2 Tb canola oil
- 2 Tb minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C light sour cream
- 1 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 C fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Slice the squash into 1/4" slices. If they are larger squash, cut them down the middle before slicing. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the squash, garlic and thyme. Saute and stir just until the squash is starting to soften slightly. Don't cook too long or it will be mushy after it bakes in the oven. Remove from the heat.
3. Beat together the eggs, sour cream, cheeses and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Place half of the squash into the bottom of the casserole. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper (remember the cheeses are salty!) then spread 1/2 of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling and slightly set. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Ensalada de Pastas 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Peach... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Nutty Blueberry Crumble 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- BBQ Beef & Bean Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Gorgonzola,... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Zucchini, Corn, Black-Bean, and... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)