Baked Firecracker Chicken Tenders
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Frank's hot sauce (this brand really makes the sauce!)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
Adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com
Preheat oven to 425 and grease a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Slice chicken breasts into 1-inch wide strips. Add flour and chicken strips to a large zip-lock bag, seal, and shake to coat chicken.
Place panko in a bowl. In a second bowl whisk together eggs and water. Dip flour-coated chicken pieces into the egg mixture to coat, then toss in the panko crumbs (make sure to coat well) and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Bake chicken for 15-25 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through. While chicken tenders are baking, prepare the sauce. In a medium sauce pan combine all sauce ingredients. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then reduce to low and allow to simmer until ready to use.
When chicken is finished cooking, use tongs to toss chicken tenders in the sauce. Serve warm with ranch dressing if desired.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Sunday Gravy,... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Scaloppini with Peppers... 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Pie Crust 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Country Farm Chicken Casserole 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Cajun Chicken 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Biscuits 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Mexican Buffalo Chicken Skillet Dip 4.3/5 (6 Votes)