This recipe calls for thighs, but we busted out the boneless/skinless and it still made my husband exclaim, "What. IS. This." like I'd discovered a new continent.
Yes. His reaction was that epic.
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 slices of fresh ginger, each approximately the size of a quarter
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or fat of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Red Boat fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (or if you’re on the Whole30 or avoiding honey, use 1/2 small apple, peeled, cored, and diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 pounds chicken thighs*
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from nomnompaleo.com
Per the goddess of Nom Nom Paleo, the instructions are as easy as two steps (unless you count pre-heating the oven.)
Dump everything except for the chicken into a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth. Then, bake the bird parts for 40 minutes at 400°F.
*If you're using boneless/skinless chicken boobs, bake that bird for 30 minutes instead.