Oven-Roasted Chickpeas and Broccoli with Barley
- 1 cup barley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli florets, rinsed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add the barley, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook the barley until tender, about 45 minutes total.
While the barley cooks, pat the chickpeas and broccoli dry , then toss in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, and chili flakes.
Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until the tips of the broccoli are caramelized and the chickpeas are shiny and slightly shriveled.
Drain the cooked barley and toss with the roasted vegetables, seasoning with additional salt, pepper, and olive oil as needed.
You'll also love
- Chinese Vegan Sweet and Sour Pork 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Humba - Filipino Braised Pork with... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Harvard Beets (Diabetic) 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped, Broccoli-Cheese... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)