Mongolian Beef & Broccoli
The sauce in this Mongolian beef is fire.
- 1/4 c. plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. flank steak, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped ginger (peeled) or 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 head broccoli florets
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
Adapted from delish.com
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4 cup oil. Toss beef with corn starch. Cook until crispy, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and drain fat.
2. Add remaining teaspoon oil to skillet. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a simmer and let thicken, 4 to 5 minutes, then add broccoli. Cover and cook until tender, about 3 minutes, then return beef to skillet and stir until completely coated in sauce.
3. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Roast and Tomato Gravy 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Hot Potato Casserole 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped, Broccoli-Cheese... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Buttermilk Marinated Pork Chops 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Soy-Honey Chicken With Lemon... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Braised Corned Beef Brisket 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jaden's Chinese Beef Broccoli 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)